What rituals do you have in your life? Rituals are used by many cultures to define a sense of purpose, create transformation and to mark important times of transition.
Yet, in western cultures, this is something we largely lack and we are definitely missing something for it. Increasingly though, many of us are feeling a deep calling back to the power of ritual and ceremony.
In this week's episode, I have a deep and touching conversation with nature guide and ritual facilitator Rebecca Card about the impact of the lack of ritual on our daily lives, our emotional well being and psyche.
Rebecca is immensely soulful and thoughtful person who invites inquiry and reflection rather than giving advice. I felt profoundly moved at certain points in the conversation and Rebecca's quiet yet powerful presence really facilitates transformation.
In this conversation, we talk about:
- The current political situation and how this stems for a lack of deep inquiry and soul searching in society
- Nature as a guru and teacher
- The call and opportunities of the time of the pandemic
- The transformational power of self-generated ceremony...and why we are drawn to it
- How to bring the power of ritual into your day-to-day life
- What a Vision Quest is, and why you might want to do one
- How we have forgotten how to be in relationship with nature
You can find out more about Rebecca and her work at https://naturewisdom.life.